Becoming a Board Member
There are 11 Board members with 5 or 6 Directors elected for a 2 year term at each Annual General Meeting. Anyone who declares their interest must own 10 shares in their own right at least 30 days prior to the AGM.
The nomination committee will be selected by the end of June of each year and a request for nominations will be sent out to the shareholders by June 30. Nominations will be open for one month from June 30th to July 30th. The Circular is sent out 21 days prior to the AGM.
The following is ANTCO's criteria:
- All candidates for the Board of Directors must have a minimum of 10 ANTCO Class "A” common shares at least 30 calendar days prior to each ANTCO AGM.
- In accordance with the provisions of the Articles of ANTCO a Shareholder must be an Indian, Aboriginal Person, Indian Band or an entity controlled or owned by an Indian, Aboriginal Person or Indian Band. Accordingly to be a director a person must be an Indian or Aboriginal Person.
- Personal Summary Form which is attached to the Nominations Package
As per FICOM's requirements all candidates for the Board of Directors must provide the following documentation to be eligible as as ANTCO Board of Director:
- The Personal Information Return (PIR) form including a current resume and instructions for completing the PIR can be downloaded from the FICOM website at http://www.fic.gov.bc.ca
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency Records Search (BIRSR)
- Criminal Record Check based on your name and date of birth:
Can be obtained at your local RCMP office
Please note that the onus is on the individuals to provide all of the above documentation. If you are elected, the above documents will be forwarded to FICOM.